Dissertation work for MS (General Surgery)
• • Chromosomal aberrations in breast cancer patients in West Bengal – Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan, Kolkata – Thesis Guide.
• Identification of susceptibility alleles for the development of Head & Neck Cancer in Indian population – Cancer Centre Welfare Home & Research Institute, Thakurpukur In collaboration with Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata) –
Co-Investigator – Dr. S. N. Basak with Dr. Chinmoy Panda & Susanta Roychoudhury (Institute of Molecular Biology – J.U.)
• Genomic in stabilities in squamous cell carcinoma of head & neck from the Indian population – Cancer Centre Welfare Home & Research Institute, Thakurpukur (In collaboration with Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata)
Authors : Susmita Chakraborty, Shiladitya Sengupta, Arunabha Sengupta, Samindra Nath Basak, Arup Roy, Chinmoy Panda, Susanta Roychoudhury
• Study of excised heart valve in valve replacement cases in Department of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery (IGPMER) S.S.K.M Hospital, Calcutta, India.
• Project at Queen Mary’s Hospital on a comparative study of open and closed endoscopic carpal tunnel decompression. On a monthly basis I audit our Unit admissions
• Project at Guy’s Hospital on a comparative study of open (mini thoracotomy and plurectomy versus thoracoscopy i.e. pleurodesis in recurrent pneumothorax cases