Associate Professor – Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy Hospital, Haldia & ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
University of North Bengal, Siliguri – 1985
• Senior House Surgeon General Surgery & Paediatric Surgery – 1 yr each – SSKM Hospital (IPGMER, Kolkata)
• Post Graduate Trainee – Darbhanga Medical College (selected through Medical Council of India) – 6 months.
• Entrance Examination – 1st ranking – Kolkata University – 1989
• Post Graduate Trainee – Department of Surgery – S.S.K.M. Hospital (IPGMER, Kolkata) – 1989-91.
• Master of Surgery – Calcutta University – 1992.
• Diplomate of National Board Examination – Trivandrum –1992.
• Resident Surgeon – Cancer Centre Welfare Home & Research Institute, Thakurpukur, Kolkata – 1992 – 1½ yrs
• Surgical Specialist (selected through Public Service Commission) – ESI Hospital, Serampore – 1½ yrs – 1994
• PLAB Examination – 1995
• Basic Surgical Training, UK – 1995 – 2 ½ yrs
(Guys and Queen Marys Hospital by rotation ; St. Thomas Hospital, UK; South Thames Region at Kent, UK)
• Visiting Surgical Specialist Registrar – South Thames region (Margate & Dartford NHS Trust, Kent) – 2 yrs.
• Visiting Surgeon – Cancer Centre Welfare Home & Research Institute, Thakurpukur, Kolkata
• Assistant Professor (VIMS) – Dept. of Surgery – Ramkrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan – 2 yrs
MBBS(March 1980 – May 1985) : North Bengal Medical College & Hospital,West Bengal, India (University of North Bengal)
MS (Dec 1989 – Jan. 1992) : Inst. of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata (University of Calcutta)
FRACS Part I (June 1990) : Australasian College of Surgeons (University College Hospital of Singapore)
DNB (Surgery) (May 1992) : National Board of Examinations (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare)
PLAB (Nov. 1995) : British Medical Association
FRCS (Nov. 1996) : Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
FIAGES (August 2011) : The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
• National Scholarship Scheme – Ministry of Education & Culture, Merit Certificate ( Government of India, 1977)
• Second Rank in Final MBBS Examination – University of North Bengal, Final MBBS Examination
• First Rank in Final MBBS Examination in Surgery under University of North Bengal.
• First Rank in Calcutta University MS Entrance Examination (1989).
• Gold Medal in MS General Surgery Examination, IPGMER, Calcutta, India.
• Merit Certificate for Dissertation, IPGMER, Calcutta, India.
FACULTY & CHAIRPERSON
• Chairperson – 2nd, 3rd & 4th East Zonal Surgical Workshop
• Attended as a Faculty in Tripura State Surgical Conference in December 2007 –
Live workshop for Right Hemicolectomy with Stapplers and delivered lecture on Breast Conservation Surgery.
• Chairperson – 1st East Zonal Surgical Oncology Workshop (Nov. 2006) – Radical neck dissection in workshop.
• Attended as a Faculty in AMASICON 2006.
• ASI CON – Kolkata. Participate in Panel Discussion on ‘Locally advanced breast carcinoma’; December 2012.
• ASICON 2011-Kochi, Kerala. Participate in Panel Discussion on Management of locally advanced breast cancer & Chairperson in Panel Discussion on Management of locally advanced breast cancer; December 2011
• Annual Conference of Jharkhand Surgical Association, Sahibganj – Panelist on Breast Cancer, Lower GI Bleeding; November 2011
• EZSO – CME cum Workshop, CCWH&RI, Thakurpukur, Kolkata; December 2011
• Association of Breast Surgeons of India, Cuttack – Advanced Breast Carcinoma – June 2011.
• First East Zone CME Programme of the Association of Breast Surgeons of India held at Panda Curie Cancer & SCB Medical College, Cuttack – Panelist – Locally advanced breast carcinoma; June 2011
• XXIV Annual Scientific Conference of Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan – Early detection of Carcinoma (Breast); July 2010
• XXIII Annual Scientific Conference, Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan, Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences; 2009; Panel Discussion on GI Bleeding